The 2016 Women of the Church conference made headlines in several places following our spirited gathering!
We have collected links to a variety of articles and blog posts on this page to serve as a resource, both for participants and those of you who could not join us at the conference. Whether you are reflecting back on your conference experience or learning about the conference for the first time, we hope that these articles will offer insight into the conference itself and spark your ongoing consideration of the value of women’s leadership within the life of the Church.
- For an excellent overview of the conference, check out Marnie McAllister’s article for The Record, the newspaper of the Archdiocese of Louisville. The Catholic News Service picked up the article and it appeared in Catholic newspapers in Philadelphia, Saskatchewan, and even Malaysia.
- Kimberly Baker, conference co-chair, offered her perspective on the conference in an interview with Notre Dame’s Church Life journal.
- Carolyn Woo, Kerry Robinson, and our conference co-chairs, Sr. Jeana Visel, OSB, and Kimberly Baker, share comments about the conference experience on pages 13 and 14 of the Spring 2017 issue of Seek. Pray. Share., the magazine of the Sisters of St. Benedict of Ferdinand, Indiana.
- Heidi Schlumpf of National Catholic Reporter blogged daily from the conference. Her topics included Pope Francis’ letter of blessing, along with the moderated bishops’ conversation, as well as leadership that flows from baptism. She also featured the conference in her November NCR column.
- You can reflect with Kerry Robinson’s beautiful conference preaching by going to her blog, Love in Ordinary Time.
- For reflections on the conference from a participant’s perspective, see the blog post by Sr. Mai-Dung Nguyen, OP.